OK, so you’re looking for Paul Evans. As I know very well, there are lots of people of this name in the world, so below is some information about me.
- Residence – where I live
- Career – my education and professional life
- Hobbies and stuff – my less professional life (but there's some overlap)
- Meet Pevans – where you can find me
In Ickenham – the western edge of Greater London (that's London, UK as you will have realised), a few miles north of Heathrow Airport. However, until late 1998 I lived for many years in South Woodford in east London.
- Did a Commerce (i.e. Business Studies) degree at Birmingham University.
- Worked as a computer programmer, systems analyst and IT consultant for Esso Petroleum.
- And then as an IT consultant for NatWest Bank.
- Chief Operating Officer of Tignosis and then Chart International.
- IT/business adviser for Business Link for London.
- Since 2004 I've run my own company advising small businesses – particularly on technology issues – in London: Margam Evans Limited.
- From 2006 to 2011 I ran board games distribution company JKLMnP (later MnP Games Distribution).
- From 2011 I have been a certified bookkeeper, providing my services through Margam Evans Limited.
There's more about these on my games page.
- Board and card games – co-founder of SFC Press, former editor, columnist and reviewer for Games Games Games magazine, columnist and reviewer for Flagship magazine, reviewer for Gamers Alliance Report, regular at board games events in the UK.
- Role-playing games – player (table top and freeform), GM (tabletop) and occasional visitor to RPG events in the UK, edited UK edition of the En Garde! RPG.
- Play-by-Mail/postal games – occasional player in all sorts of games and ’zines, run a postal game of En Garde! (Les Petites Bêtes Soyeuses).
- Online turn-based games: I play a number of online versions of board games, notably Brass, Phoenicia and Puerto Rico (at the moment). I usually have the user name of Pevans or, if this wasn't available, Pevans56 or even Pevans56UK.
Where to meet up with me.
- Most Wednesday evenings at Swiggers games club, upstairs at The Shipwrights Arms, 88 Tooley Street, London SE1 2TF (close to London Bridge stations).
- Most "G3 Days" on the second Saturday of the month, usually at the Allsop Arms, London NW1 5AL (handy for Marylebone and Baker St stations and not too far from Bond St).