OK, so you’re looking for Paul Evans. As I know very well, there are lots of people of this name in the world, so below is some information about me.
- Residence – where I live
- Career – my education and professional life
- Hobbies and stuff – my less professional life (but there's some overlap)
- Meet Pevans – where you can find me
In Ickenham – the western edge of Greater London (that's London, UK as you will have realised), a few miles north of Heathrow Airport. However, until late 1998 I lived for many years in South Woodford in east London.
- From 2011 I have been a certified bookkeeper, providing my services through Margam Evans Limited.
- From 2006 to 2011 I ran board games distribution company JKLMnP (later MnP Games Distribution).
- Since 2004 I've run my own company, Margam Evans Limited
- working with small businesses in London,
- running my online games shop, Games from Pevans, and
- publishing To Win Just Once, my games magazine
- Prior to that, I was an IT/business adviser for Business Link for London.
- Chief Operating Officer of Tignosis and then Chart International.
- IT consultant for NatWest Bank, before which I worked as
- computer programmer, systems analyst and IT consultant for Esso Petroleum.
- After doing a Commerce (i.e. Business Studies) degree at Birmingham University.
There's more about these on my games page.
- Board and card games – co-founder of SFC Press, former editor, columnist and reviewer for Games Games Games magazine (RIP), former columnist and reviewer for Flagship magazine (RIP), occasional reviewer for Counter magazine (RIP), reviewer for Gamers Alliance Report and, occasionally, Spirit magazine, regular at board games events in the UK.
- Role-playing games – player (table top and freeform), GM (tabletop) and occasional visitor to RPG events in the UK, edited UK edition of the En Garde! RPG, to which I now own the rights.
- Play-by-Mail/postal games – occasional player in all sorts of games and ’zines, run a postal game of En Garde! (Les Petites Bêtes Soyeuses).
- Online turn-based games: I play a number of online versions of board games at websites such as Board Game Arena, Boîte à Jeux and Yucata. I usually have the user name of Pevans or, if this wasn't available, Pevans56.
Where to meet me.
- Most Wednesday evenings at Swiggers games club, upstairs at The Shipwrights Arms, 88 Tooley Street, London SE1 2TF (just outside London Bridge station). Since March 2020 we've been meeting on Discord and playing board games online.
- "G3 Days" on the second Saturday of the month, at the Leon in Spitalfields (formally 3 Crispin Place, London E1 6DW – handy for Liverpool Street stations, Aldgate East and Shoreditch Underground stations are also in walking distance). These meetings re-started at the beginning of 2022, but I'm unable to attend at the moment.